Medications are usually the first line of treatment for erectile dysfunction (ED). For most people who have problem achieve and maintain an erection firm enough for sex (erectile dysfunction), the below mentioned medications work well and cause very few side effects.
- Sildenafil (Viagra)
- Vardenafil (Levitra, staxyn)
- Tadalafil (Cialis)
- Avanafil (Stendra) etc.
The above mentioned are some oral drugs that reverse erectile dysfunction by up lifting the effects of nitric oxide, an important chemical your body generates that relaxes muscles in the penis. This increases blood circulation and allows you to achieve an erection in response to sexual excitement.
How erection medications differ:
Although they work in an equal pattern, each oral pill has a slightly different chemical makeup. These little differences affect the way each drug functions, such as how fast it takes effect and wears off, and the potential side effects. Your health care expert will consider these factors as well as other conditions you have and possible interactions with other medications you consume.
- Sildenafil (Viagra): This pill is most safe and effective when consumed on an empty stomach one hour before sexual activities. Sildenafil is effective for four to six hours or more if you have mild to moderate erectile dysfunction.
- Vardenafil (Levitra, staxyn): This pill also is most effective when consumed one hour before sexual activities and can be consumed with or without food. A high fat food might keep it from absorbing as quickly.
Levitra, staxyn is effective for three to five hours or more if you have mild to moderate erectile dysfunction. A newer form of the medication that dissolves on the tongue might function more quickly than the pill that you swallow.
- Tadalafil (Cialis): This pill is consume with or without food about one to two hours before sex. It is effective for more than 36 hours. It can be consumed in a lower dose every day or in a larger dose as needed.
- Avanafil (stendra): This pill is consume with or without food 30 minutes before sex activities, depending on the dose. This medicine lasts up to four hours.
Because these medications are equally effective, the American college of physicians recommends that the choice be based on your preferences, such as: cost, ease of use, how long the medicine’s effects last and side effects.
The below mentioned three medicine generic version are available in the online or offline market:
When medications might not be safe:
Before consuming any drugs for erectile dysfunction, get your health care provider OK, medications for erectile dysfunction might not acts or might be dangerous if you:
- Take nitrate drugs: commonly prescribed for chest pain (angina), heart related problems or diseases – such as Nitroglycerin (Nitro-dur, Nitrostat,
- If a patient has very low blood pressure (hypotension) or uncontrolled high blood pressure (hypertension).
- If a person has liver disease
- If a patient has kidney disease that requires dialysis.
Side effects of erection medications:
Most people who use erectile dysfunction drugs are not bothered by side effects. When side effects do experience, they can include:
- Abdominal pain
- Skin allergy
- Visual changes
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Back pain etc.
Buy erectile dysfunction medication online:
Nowadays treatment for erectile dysfunctions are much growing business, and online scams abound. If you do by medications over the online pharmacies:
- Check to see if an online pharmacy is legitimate: Never order for erectile dysfunction drugs from an online pharmacy if there’s no way to contact the pharmacy by phone or email, if prices or the erectile dysfunction drugs seem too good to be true or if you are told no prescription is necessary. Some illegal businesses sell counterfeit versions of legitimate drugs, which can be ineffective or not safe for use. In the United States, the national association of boards of pharmacy can tell you whether an online pharmacy is licensed and in good standing.
- Make sure you get the right prescription medication and dose: When you are ordered erectile dysfunction medications – and when you receive them in the mail – make sure they are the exact dose and type prescribed by your healthcare provider.
- Do not be fooled into purchasing “herbal Viagra”: Never purchase any drug that claims to be the “herbal” or nonprescription equivalent of an oral medication for erectile dysfunction. These are not effective alternatives, and some contain harmful active ingredients.